At the southern limits of the Hautes Alpes, Sisteron is a small town in Haute-Provence located at the passage of a sluice cut by the Durance .
Sisteron is dominated by the Citadel (XIIth, XVIth and XIXth centuries); guided tour recommended.
From prehistoric times to the present day , Sisteron has kept the marks of the past:
• 4000 years ago, prehistoric village.
• With the Romans: stage on the Domitian Way to Italy
• 6th century: The alleys of the old town , called “Andrones”
• 11th century: The citadel
• 12th century: Notre-Dame des Pommiers, the Cathedral
• 13th century: The Towers of the ramparts